මේ අද මට අද ආපු ඊමේල් එකක් . . .
මේක දැක්කාම හිනා ගිය තරම කොයි තරම්ද කියනවා නම් තව පොඩ්ඩෙන් තේ එක හිස්මොල්ලේ යන තරම් . . .
ඒ නිසා මට මේක හැමෝම එක්ක බෙදා හදා ගන්න ඕනමයි කියලා හිතුනා . ..
මොකද ඊමේල් එකේම ලියලා තියෙනවා සිරි දේසේ කස්ටියට ඇර වෙන කාටවත් යවන්ට එපා කියලා . .
මගේ ඊමේල් එකේ සිරි දේසේ වැසියෝ විතරක් නෙමේ ගොඩක් දේස වල වැසියෝ ඉන්න නිසා සිරි දේසේ වැසියෝ විතරක් තෝර තෝර මේ මේල් එක යවන්න බැරි කමට (සෑහෙන වෙලාවක් යන නිසා ) බ්ලොග් එකේම දාන්න හිතුවා .. .
කියවලාම බලන්ටකෝ . .
HOW TO SPOT A SRI LANKAN...!!!!
ARE U A SRILANKAN?????????
PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD TO NON SRI LANKANS
This is so true and so funny. You know that you are definitely a Sri Lankan if:
* Everything you eat is flavored with garlic, onion and Chilies.
*You try and re-use gift wrappers , gift boxes, aluminum foil and of course disposable cups & plates.
*You try to eject food particles from between your teeth by pressing your tongue against them and making a peculiar noise like, tshick, tshick!
* You are standing next to the two largest size suitcases at the Airport.
* You arrive one or two hours late to a party, and think it's normal.
* Your toilet has a plastic bowl next to the commode.
* You name your children in rhythms (example, Honey & Money, Sita & Gita, thunga & singhe, Nimal & Vimal)
* All your children have pet names, which sound nowhere close to their real names.
* You take Sri Lankan snacks anywhere it says 'No Food Allowed'
* You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house.
* You load up the family car with as many people as possible.
* You use plastic to cover anything new in your house whether it's the remote control, VCR, carpet or new couch.
* Your parents tell you to not care about what your friends think, but they won't let you do certain things because of what the other Uncles And Aunties' will think.
* You teach you kids to say uncle and auntie to anyone older related or not.
* Owning a rice cooker is a top priority.
* Use the dishwasher to store dishes - use it only for special occasions.
* Say 'NO' after every sentence. i.e . that's good NO, very expensive NO...etc
* Men use the word 'PUT' frequently i.e PUT a drink, PUT a Jump !
* You live with your parents even if you are 40 years old. (And they like it that way).
* If she is NOT your daughter, you always take interest in knowing whose daughter has run with whose son and feel it's your duty to spread the word.
* If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight
* When your parents meets a Sri Lankan for the first time and talk for a few minutes, you soon discover they are your relatives..
* Your parents don't realize phone connections to foreign countries have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of their lungs while talking.
* You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them away from getting dirty but the sheet on your bed has not seen water for months!
* It is embarrassing if your wedding has less than 500 people. (How abt ur wedding... hehe)
* You list your daughter as 'fair and slim' in the matrimonial no matter What she looks like.
* You have a big cabinet in your hall to keep glass wares & ceramic utensils (you have never used)
* You have really enjoyed reading this mail because you know some, or most of them apply to you.
* Everybody is a Bugger(good bugger, nice bugger, useless bugger etc)
ANYWAY NEXT TIME WHEN YOU WANTED TO DO SOME THING THINK ABOUT THIS MAIL ............ .........
මේ සිංහලෙන් ලියන බ්ලොග් කඩමාල්ල වෙන ජාති වල ඈයෝ නොබලන බව සුවර් නිසා චන්ඩියා වගේ බය නැතුව දැම්මා . . හික් හික් හික් . . .. !!
Pic from: http://www.asianews.it/news-en/